Monday, February 14, 2011

Recycled Mail

While reading a book about creating your own stationery, my muse struck and I created this little booklet in moments.  I had saved this envelope as it was covered with very unique vintage US stamps.
 


I cut the portion of the envie with the stamps on it.  Since it was not quite as long as I needed, I rescued another piece of the envelope to make the back.  The paper inside is a heavy cardstock that has an aged feel.  I cut the strips twice as long as I needed and then punched two holes along the seam I created by folding the strips in half.  I used a heavy twine to lace through the holes.  Simple little notebook with a touch of vintage postal charm.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful use of some stamps such great variety. I always hate to throw away envelopes covered also. Though more often real stamps aren't used which is sad.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!