Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Found

Well folks, fate indeed.  The piece I posted previously has already sold!  I am so blessed and happy about this progress.  The only problem is that I had intended to send it along to the crafty market for my experiment.  The solution was to try and get busy creating post work today.  Typically I am a weekend artist, but with this little deadline, I changed my typical habit and I am glad.  I am calling this one "Found."


I was inspired to add this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show of incorporating distressed torn edges to this project.  I used some torn inky bits of really lovely paper I purchased at a speciality paper store and attached them to my vintage wooden spools.  I used lots of found objects, vintage finds and a few of Tim Holtz's goodies too.  Assemblage is just so much fun. It gives me a reason to search for all kinds of random stuff.  Hopefully this piece will sell and fund another shopping trip. :)

My intention is to turn out a few more pieces by Friday so stay tuned.


9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful project, Rhea! What are your lovely flowers made from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie, thanks for your kind words! The product I used is called Spirofoil, it is a vintage craft supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful piece! Congrats on selling it. It's so exciting to cross new boundaries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhea. Way cool shadow box piece! Love all the elements. And congrats on selling your last piece. That is exciting! I'm sure you'll probably sell this one as well. :) Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo exciting. This piece is also fabulous. You better get hunting all those little haunts for some Spirofoil.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is freakin' beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just fantastic. I love your flowers and the spools are so cute! Great piece and good luck in seeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Rhea what a stunning piece and so amazing that you haven't even been 'in business' a week and you are already making sales. You have the magic touch!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!