Monday, September 5, 2011

Halloween House: Part III and IV and a bonus

I have finally completed my house pages for my first Alpha Stamps exchange.  You can see the first two pages here and here.  I have really embraced the spooky spirit and I have enjoyed making all these pages.  It is neat to think that each of them will be in different and unique books.  Here they are all together.




I used this fence on two of the houses.  I really love the dimension it provides. 





I used papers from Graphic 45, DCWV and lots of Halloween embellishments. 




In several cases I ended up liking the back just as much as the front.  The bats from Coffee Break Studio were lovely.  I still have a few left over to use in another spooky project.





I have an upcoming swap with a door theme hosted by my pal Deb.  I thought I would play with my options a bit to see how things worked.  It is going to be trickier than I had thought.   






I continued to use the Dresden foil and the felt swirls through out the book.  If it was staying in one piece, it would help tie the pages together, but alas this book is destined to be torn apart. 


   


I hope they are up to snuff for the group.  I am always nervous doing my first swap in a new gathering of artsy people.  Oh well....

 
Bonus:

I also completed my Halloween pages for the Altered Ancestors swap over at All Things Tim.


 


There is a bit of variation on the background papers.  I really loved the stack I used.  It was by My Minds Eye and it was Halloween Craft paper.  The poison tags that have the little charm on them are made from left over slats from my blinds.  I love to use things in clever ways!


  


I love the backs of the pages too.  The house is from the Graphic Fairy and the moon is stamped out of some industrial waste paper intended for pill packs.  The little glittery bats are compliments of Martha as is the tape I used on the front and the back.  I can never get enough decorative tape.  

I hope you enjoyed the culmination of all my Halloween fun.  I will post when the swaps are complete and I have all kinds of other art work to share. 



Cheers,

Rhea

7 comments:

  1. When I just glanced at the last page of your book I thought those white ghosts were white gloved hands that were fixing to attack the house. lol, then I realized they were ghosts. I think I need better glasses...so cute, and great projects all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it could have been the wicked witch of the west, hovering over the house saying I have you in my sights, my pretty, she is all dressed in black and all you can see are her gloved hands....hee hee..Oh well, so much for my midnight fantasy's....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work Rhea!
    Not sure how I found you, but I'm glad I did! Following you now... ; )
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mooie blog ik kwam hier via Pinterest....I Will follow you...

    Fia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you decided to join the swap Rhea, Awesome book!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!