Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bead Soup Teaser

I was lucky enough to be selected in the lottery for this installation of the Bead Soup Blog Party.  This is hosted a few times a year by Lori Anderson.  As the hostess, she connects fellow bloggers and jewelry artists and we exchange "bead soup."  This consists of a quality packet of beads which has to include a focal, a special clasp and some complementary beads.  Participants are challenged to use at least the clasp and focal in a project.  Then we all post on the party day check out each other's work.  I have done this once before, and I really enjoyed the process. 

My partner this round is Cory Celaya.  I am really excited, as her style is quite different than mine. Her work is absolutely lovely.  She has a real boho/tribal/gypsy style, from what I can gather.  Hopefully this connection with a different genre of work is inspirational for both of us.

We are allowed to post teasers of what we send prior to our partners getting the beads.  Here is a sneaky peek of what Cory has coming to her.


I will post a full reveal once she gets her beads and I receive mine.  Thanks for following along!

Cheers, 

Rhea 

3 comments:

  1. HAHA you are quite the tease... my pic was blurry!! LOL hmmm... is that a turtle face I see ? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH cool -- looks like some copper? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what people do for the bead soup challenges.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!