Sunday, June 3, 2012

Birds in Hats!

The theme for my last design team kit from Alpha Stamps was really quite fun, it was all about "Birds in Hats."  There is a swap and a sale that is worth checking out, I will be joining in on the fun of this one for sure.  For the swap, participants will create and exchange three 4x4 coasters that will all be decked out with feathers and finery from Alpha Stamps.   If you decide to join, you may just get one of these little dandies. 




I think this one is my favorite.  I am not sure if it is the dapper hat, or the odd combination of grunge meets nature, but I really like it.  The wings and gears are cut from waste material that I picked up at an industrial outlet.  



One of the elements I like on this one is Tim Holtz's new word bands, I have been wanting these forever and finally caved and got some.  I cut the hat out of ephemera and used a bit of stain to give it color.




On this coaster, I made a nest by gluing down bunches of brown fibers.  




Here is another quirky steampunk one.  The cap on this guy was cut out of a really old Sears and Roebuck catalog.  




I am looking forward to see my return on this swap.  I think it will make for a very fun exchange.  All are welcome so fly on by and check it out.  

Cheers, 

Rhea

  

13 comments:

  1. Very cool project. Came from ATT post.

    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun and fabulous Rhea!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was this creative, you make beautiful items:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds in hats, LOVE it! Those are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rhea, I just loved all the different elements that you used to give these birds in hats so much life. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hats and you just can't go wrong with gears. Great work. S@ndy for ATT group

    http://sandydiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all quite fabby! I have done the last two swaps and this one also tickles my fancy.. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, these are SUPER COOL coasters. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great great coasters! I can't wait to swap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful coasters. I love the first one, but they are all so fun.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!