Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gypsy Charm

I was absolutely thrilled to tap into my jewelry making roots when I came up with this project for Alpha Stamps.  In my opinion jewelry is really like assemblage, so I think that is why I like both of those genres of art so much.  The gypsy theme opened up so many possibilities as far as charm elements.  Hearts, birds, celestial, religious, nature, coins, really anything can fit into the traveler theme.  I made lots of bead dangles as well to fill out this piece and add color. 






I used lots of guilders paste to unite the different finishes of the charms.  I wish I had guilders paste in every color offered.  Right now I am making do with copper, black and patina. Liver of Sulfur was also used to age some of the raw brass.  It is a smelly process, but the outcome is grand. 






I used lots and lots of charms from Alpha Stamps.  They are actually on sale for a few days in honor of my little creation, how cool is that.  There are also free gifts to be had with your order until supplies run out, so check it out here.





There is more gypsy art coming soon so be sure to follow along for lots of enchanting projects.

Cheers,

Rhea

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful bracelet, Rhea! I love how you have loaded it up with charms...it's quite a lucious effect & perfect for a Gypsy theme. Congrats on being featured in their newsletter.
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! It's an absolute beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhea,
    You did a great job on this bracelet! Love it!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a wonderful piece of wearable art. Beautiful!
    blessings, denise :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bracelet and hope to see it in person sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bracelets are beautiful! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!