Friday, August 16, 2013

Arabian Nights Shrine



What a fun theme this month at Alpha Stamps, Arabian Nights.  I love it when I have a theme in mind and then go treasure hunting at local flea markets, estate sales and antique shops and find just what I "need." 



My recent score of a small elephant for fifty cents made for a perfect springboard for this little project.  I thought it was a great place to show off these cute little treasure chest charms.



Inside I also stashed a another wooden bit from an estate sale.  It was in a bag of junk, and I think it is actually marked from Russia...but I thought it could pass with my theme in mind.  If I would have just glued the wooden building in without propping it up on a tiny bottle of glass spheres, the focal would not have as much interest, as they were both the same height.



It is difficult to see, but the back ground inside is actually flakes of purple mica.  I was a bit disappointed that the color was darker than I imagined, so it is hard to catch this cool detail.  

For a full list of all the fun Alpha Stamps treasures I used, go here.

Cheers, 

Rhea

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your creativity is so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shrine is beautiful! I'm glad to see the bottom image -- it was pretty "crisp".
    That elephant was quite a find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, I want to follow you around as you hit the sales.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!