Sunday, August 4, 2013

Steampunk Paris



I made a little bit of time this weekend to catch up on my round robin series of art journals for my Kindred Souls group.  I have loved this project and I will be sad when it comes to an end.  The books are getting really full now and the compilations are just wonderful.




The first book is for Socrates and the theme is steampunk travel, perfect for the new papers from Graphic 45.  I started with the image from the title page, which I cut out.   Then I simply collaged with my favorite bits of junk.




On the back I kept it simple and added a map image to add to the travel theme.  I adore how this came out, and I just know the owner will love their book when it arrives home!




Next up I have Lynn Steven's book from Trash to Treasure Art.  She chose to go with a vintage color palate and a Parisian theme.  The image I chose is from Alpha Stamps and was the starting point of this page.  Lots of embellishment was added through filigree, flowers and metal elements.




Here again, another simple back.  I did not want to cover up the old tin tile image from the paper.  You should see the size of this book now that it is DONE.  Yes, it is on the way to the owner!  I hope she enjoys!

Cheers, 

Rhea


3 comments:

  1. WOW, super creative, I am sure the recipient will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are delightful pages: great papers beautifully embellished.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!