Saturday, May 30, 2015

World Traveler Shadowbox


This project was recently featured on the Canvas Corp blog and I am happy to be able to now personally show it off to my readers!



I used 7 gypsies Serengeti paper along with a Solo Shadowbox to make this traveling treasure.  I tried to stay with an African theme to create this worldly assemblage.




The outside of the box was covered in paper tape to give it texture and alter it a little bit.  I also used burlap to give a backdrop to the smaller insets. This adds a rustic element.




The treasures inside started with the 7 gypsies charms.  I added from my own stash and I also made a special trip to my local bead shop to find a few unique things to round out my theme.  Many of the objects have been altered with patina or gilders paste.




In this piece I added some text and imagery via rub ons.  I absolutely am loving the arrow trend that is happening right now and I have added a few here and there to help the eye travel.  You can also see that I used rub ons in some of the empty areas.




As always I absolutely loved creating this piece and I just adore being able to share with you!  Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers,

Rhea

4 comments:

  1. Oh this shadow box is awesome ! You managed to put such a fabulous selection of lovely embellishments into the apartments... You are talented and creative !!!
    Thank you for sharing.,,, hugs from Monica.. Spain

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!