Thursday, June 4, 2015

Boots n Saddle Shadow Box


This project was made especially for Canvas Corp and the release of their Boots n Saddle paper line. 



I was thrilled with the challenge to find "junk" in a Western theme, a theme I would not typically gravitate towards.  The stuff I found surprised me.  I not only had quite a few fun bits in my stash, I readily found some charms at a big box store to suite this genre.




The steer is actually from a belt or a broken bit of jewelry.  Part of an odd lot from an estate sale I think.  There is one vintage Cracker Jack toy in there as well as a rope from a Clue game.  It is amazing what you can find when you start to think outside the box.




The rusty stars were from a recent exchange with my local Multi Media Mavens.  Jill gave these stars to me and they are the perfect addition to this project.  I added some color with a touch of German silver gilders paste (I got a new color!!!!) and mounted them in a way that leaves two of them free to move.




To create a title for the piece that goes with the paper line, I used my trusty Dymo label maker once again.  In order to alter the title, I used gilders paste, creating cohesiveness by using the paste consistenlty throughout the project.




Here is a nice shot of the texture I achieved by layering all kinds of products.  I used Tattered Angels high impact paints, Vintaj Patinas, Tim Holtz Rock Candy and also alcohol inks.  Lots of fun stuff to play with to get this super aged look.




Thank you so much for taking this trip out west with me!

Cheers,

Rhea


3 comments:

  1. Hello Rhea!

    I just wanted to say "WOW" to that design, it looks so spectacular, like nothing I have seen before, and it definitively do look very western.
    And the use of the Dymo tape was excellent, it fits right in there with the theme and has such an appropriate sentiment.

    Very very good job!

    With best regards,
    Jesper K
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am so glad to see someone familiar with Tattered Angels! Just pucked up some Glimmer Mists @ a garage sale and had to Youtube to learn about it...a little. Been having fun spritzing it on my Hypertufa pots. Does it work on metal or polyclay, if You know? Im in Buses Creative Group. Terri Berg is my regular Facebook page. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!